Re: [TowerTalk] Guyed vs. free-standing

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guyed vs. free-standing
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:48:17 -0400
I had a 9-50 up for years with a KT34A on top.  Moved it once to a new
location.  Tower was okay but won't last "forever" as the bolt holes at
the leg junctions elongate over time and sections become useless. I also
took a lightning hit once that blew about six inches out of one of the
legs of the lowest section.....that was scary.

Mine had an 11 inch top section and I never felt comfortable on it, but
surely they are climbable.

The AN or Trylon steel towers are far superior in my opinionm, but
neither come close to the versatility of  good old guyed Rohn 45 or 55.
73 bob de w9ge