[TowerTalk] winch for raising/lowering a light weight crankup

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] winch for raising/lowering a light weight crankup
From: Krishna Kanakasapapathi <kkanakas@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 09:20:09 -0400
Hello folks,
 I am ready to install the 200lb telescoping aluma tower.
 Rather ready to pour concrete. The tower is to be bracketed to the house at
 a height of approx around 15ft from the ground. The tower is about 25ft tall
 and has 3 nested sections.

 My question is, i plan to perhaps install a couple of extra bolts in the
 concrete to hold a hand crank winch. Then install a pulley at the point where
the bracket will be installed.

 This hand winch will help me tilt and raise the tower.
 The winch should be safe for both raising and lowering the tower. I would like
to hear recommendations for a winch please.

If folks feel that installing the extra bolts in concrete for the winch is not
a good idea,
please let me know of alternatives.

Thanks in advance.
73's