Re: [TowerTalk] Climbing Alone was RE: Safe Climbing

To: 'Pete Smith' <n4zr@contesting.com>,'TowerTalk' <towertalk@contesting.com>,'Peter Voelpel' <df3kv@t-online.de>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Climbing Alone was RE: Safe Climbing
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:07:57 -0600
Same here Pete and Peter.

Doug

Subject: [TowerTalk] Climbing Alone was RE: Safe Climbing

I'm in a location where I don't usually have access to help - or even a
non-climbing spotter.  This has influenced a lot of my choices,
including
the use of lightweight antennas that I can handle without mechanical
help
on the tower.  I've read of other folks manhandling all sorts of big
antennas while climbing alone, but that's not worth it for me.

One thing I always try to do is to take my cell phone with me up the
tower.  If possible, I alert a neighbor that I'm climbing, and have both

his number and 911 on voice dial, just in case.

73, Pete N4ZR

23/10/2007 1:26 PM

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
23/10/2007 1:26 PM