Re: [TowerTalk] Safe Climbing was Re: Roswell Tower Accident

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Safe Climbing was Re: Roswell Tower Accident
From: Ethan <ethan@ravenscall.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:10:36 -0400
Wayne Kline wrote:
>  On another note  I can't find it, but it was a article with graphs  on fatal
> tower rigging/erection accidents. it's one fact that stuck with me was that a
> alarming majority of human Error accidents occurred not on ascending or
> working in position  but while  De sending !  IMHO where your tired, thirsty,
> and want to get the day done.
I can attest to the truth of this.  The only time I've ever discovered
myself disconnecting the last line from the tower while more than a few
feet above the ground was when I was descending and tired.  I quickly
rehooked that line and stopped for a break and to gather my thoughts.
Just because you're tired is no reason to forget to think!  And you
should stop before you get that tired anyway.

--
Ethan KC8HES