Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Incident Survey

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Incident Survey
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 22:16:26 -0700
Hi Doug et al

The worst near miss I ever saw was on a 30 foot tower.

We were installing a TH-6 on the tower and the owner had a climbing belt, and one guy who went up to help had a rope through his belt loops.

When they got to the top and were putting the antenna up, they it slipped, and Hank grabbed it with one hand and was holding on to the the tower with the other.

Then the other guy up the tower noticed that Hank's rope had come untied. He grabbed it and got it tied off.

I can imagine what would have happened if Hank would have turned loose of the tower with the other hand. We'da said, "But, it was only a 30 foot tower." 73
Tom W7WHY

Let's do a little survey amongst amateur (not professional) tower
climbers on towertalk that climb with a full body harness and fall
arrest lanyard.