Re: [TowerTalk] Ordered a HDX555 Oct. 3 from Texas Towers.

To: towertalk@contesting.com, jperalta@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ordered a HDX555 Oct. 3 from Texas Towers.
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 18:26:15 EST

In a message dated 11/14/2007 2:32:39 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  My HDX-589 arrived in an enclosed trailer and the only way  to get it out
was with an auto wrecker.

        I like to use a crane or  boomtruck. They can extend their boom
horizontally into the trailer and pull it  out. A backhoe will do the same
thing.
If the tower base is at the back of the  truck, pick up the tower with a couple
of good slings at the base and slide it  out and set the base on the ground.
Now pick up the other end just so it clears  the trailer and have the truck
driver pull away - the tower can be lowered to  the ground now.

        Getting the tower out of  the truck is only half of the problem.
Getting it to the base is the next  challenge. Again, that's why I prefer a
crane.
He can lift it vertically into  place so you don't even need the tiltover
fixture. Total of about an hour's  worth of crane time. Safe, easy and fast.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for hams