[TowerTalk] Guy recommendations for push up pole

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy recommendations for push up pole
From: "Derek Cohn/WB0TUA" <vibroplex@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 07:26:16 -0600
Hi Everyone,

I'm posting this for a friend, Mike WBØSND:

  I'm putting up a temporary beam installation and need to know the appropriate
kind of rope to use for guying the mast (poly, nylon, or ?).

  The installation is a Rohn push up mast which is in concrete and bracketed to
the facia board on the house.  The mast is going to extend about 8 feet above
the roof line (a total of 30 ft) and will have a Ham IV rotor and Hy Gain
Explorer 14 on top.  This is just a temporary installation to get through the
winter.  In the spring, I will take it down and put up a permanent tower.

  So again the question is:  What kind of rope should I use for the guys?

  Thanks to all.
I appreciate any assistance you can provide him.

73,

Derek Cohn
Morse Telegraph Club - Alton Chapter
Office UD, Sine DJ