[TowerTalk] heliax grounding

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] heliax grounding
From: richard allen <rca@rcallen.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 05:49:42 -0600
I have several 130 foot runs of 7/8" (LDF5-50A) and several of 1/2" (
LDF4-50A) heliax going on my new tower.  I am planning on grounding
at the top of the tower, the bottom of the tower, and then again at
the house. I have selected the following Andrews grounding kits for
the task.  Suggestions were made here several weeks ago to use the
Andrews kits.

Andrew Corporation CSGL4-06B2 For 1/2" copper cable. Compact
SureGround Plus kit comes with self-locking waterproof casing and
factory attached, two-hole lug. (Tessco part # 413508).

Andrew Corporation CSGL5-06B2 For 7/8" copper cable. Compact
SureGround Plus comes with self-locking waterproof case and a factory
attached, two-hole lug. 24" lead.  (Tessco part # 414312).

https://www.tessco.com/products/displayProducts.do?groupId=436&;
subgroupId=54

I also am planning on the following stripping tools to prep the cable
for the grounding kits.

Andrew Corporation GKT-L4A 1/2" Ground Strip Tool for Standard, CSGL,
LSGL, SGL & SGPL-series Ground Kits 1/2" LDF4-50 Standard, SGL, LSGL,
SGL & SGPL-series (Tessco #473598).

Andrew Corporation GKT-78A 7/8" Ground Kit Prep tool for Standard, SGL,
CSGL-series ground kits LDF5-50A, AVA5-50 & VXL5-50 (Tessco #433331)

https://www.tessco.com/products/displayProducts.do?groupId=576&;
subgroupId=35

Can someone please advise me if these are the correct and proper
parts to use?

Thanks,

Richard W5SXD