Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding ... again...with a twist.

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding ... again...with a twist.
From: Jay Schwisow <jay@kt5e.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 00:00:38 -0700
Roger,

The single ground rod that was put outside my service panel  was
certainly inadequate.     I ran a new #2 solid from the box to a new
ground rod which is then tied into the remaining ground field.  At your
location I would place a new ground rod at each service panel then tie
both of these service entries  into your tower and shack ground field.
Your lightning protection can be placed just outside your shack entry at
both locations...then tying these demarcation points  into the same
large ground field.

Take a look at the Intermatic Panel Surge protector for each of your
service panels.  These are great self contained units and even come with
a $10,000 - $25,000 warranty for electrical equipment and appliances
you have connected downstream.

My $0.02,

Jay - KT5E