Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding ... again...with a twist.

To: <jay@kt5e.us>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding ... again...with a twist.
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 02:45:33 -0500

> Roger,
>
> The single ground rod that was put outside my service panel  was certainly
> inadequate.     I ran a new #2 solid from the box to a new

Here they use two rods.

> ground rod which is then tied into the remaining ground field.  At your
> location I would place a new ground rod at each service panel then tie
> both of these service entries  into your tower and shack ground field.

I did this with the house entrance, but the ground at the shop entrance is
unreachable, nor is it possible to put in another close enough to remain
within code. The ground could not be continuous from the meter and panel to
any other rods as the two current ones are under the shop concrete apron
with the attendant wire and rebar.

> Your lightning protection can be placed just outside your shack entry at
> both locations...then tying these demarcation points  into the same large
> ground field.

That I have.

Roger (K8RI)