[TowerTalk] Tubing Cutter Alternative

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tubing Cutter Alternative
From: RICHARD SOLOMON <w1ksz@q.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 18:42:20 +0000
I was at Harbor Freight this morning and picked up a "Mini Cut-Off Saw" for $20.
It handles up to 3/4" material. I tried a piece of LMR-400 and it gave me a nice
"square" cut that prepares the coax for Crimp Tool installation. Much better cut
than the cutter that came with the crimper.
I see no reason why it could not also make nice "square" cuts on small Al
Tubing.
Just another "toy" I had to add to the workshop.

73, Dick, W1KSZ/7

ps: Usual disclaimer applies.