Re: [TowerTalk] UST 72' Crankup Tower Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com, larryj@teleport.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] UST 72' Crankup Tower Question
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:44:42 EST

In a message dated 1/10/2008 11:19:20 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  I'm looking at the possibility of picking up a used US Tower  72' Crankup
tower. The current owner (not a ham) inherited it with a home  purchase, and
wants to sell it as he has no use for it. He doesn't know if  it's the
"Standard" model TX-472 or the "Heavy-duty" model HDX-572. Is there  any way to
tell?
Do they possibly have different widths at the base section,  etc? I'd like to
know what to look for when I go look at it to determine the  model number
before I consider buying it, as I live on a mountaintop where I  get
substantial
wind gusts.

    Don't have specific details but a 472 has a #4  top section and a 572 has
a #5 top section. I think the #5 is bigger so the  whole tower would be
bigger and beefier.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH