[TowerTalk] Portable Mast Guy Rings?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Portable Mast Guy Rings?
From: "Brad Pioveson W9FX" <w9fx@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 21:59:15 -0600
Hi, Guys...

Sorry if this is a stretch of the topic, but, it is an antenna support, so,
with apologies, here goes:

    I now have 3 of the surplus military masts - tubular, aluminum or
fiberglas sections that stack and were intended for use as supports for mil
portable antenna systems.  None of the three units I have came with any guy
rings.  Yep, I know that there are vendors that sell guy rings.
www.tmastco.com is one such vendor.  He wants $7.50 a pop for his guy rings.
If I can't find a local vendor, I suppose I'll cough up the $$ for the
tmastco parts, but I think they can be had for less - the operative word in
that sentence being 'think.'

    The thing is, I remember seeing, somewhere,  mentioned on a reflector
that the items being sold as military mast guy rings are actually tractor
parts...but, for the life of me, I can't remember what they were called at
the tractor supply store.

    So...can anybody tell me what to ask for at Rural King or Tractor
Supply?

73, Brad, W9FX