Re: [TowerTalk] Base of tower waterproof enclosure

To: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>, "Bob Smith" <na6t@na6t.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Base of tower waterproof enclosure
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:06:50 -0500

> Charles:
>
>     For an even more expensive, but all-steel, enclosure, check Hoffman
> Enclosures:
>http://www.hoffmanonline.com/stream_document.aspx?rRID=104764&pRID=4184 .
>I used two of these boxes, one >at my tower base and one outside the shack.

When using these be sure to paint the box as they will rust where the door
seal contacts the door and body.

Here are two of these in my system
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/cablebox.htm.
I have a really big one setting out in the shop that I had planned on
mounting at the top of the tower for a remote amp, but decided I didn't want
to have to climb the tower every time I had to work on the amp(s). In
addition I'd have had to run either 110 or 220 AC which would have required
additional conduit runs as power leads must be run seperate from the control
and coax runs.

BTW the mass of cables at the tower is now considerably neater than it was
in the photo. <:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)