Re: [TowerTalk] Plumbing a tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Plumbing a tower
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 14:51:38 -0700

Three inches out of 100 feet also requires an accuracy of 0.3 inches for
a plumb bob string hung from a 10 foot section of tower.

Three inches out of 100 feet calculates out to be a total angle of 0.14
degrees.  By that criteria, the 0.1 degree resolution of the digital
angle gauge I used doesn't seem like that much overkill.    I guess I'm
just one of the particular ones ...

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee141/xazdave/HD-70_Tower_Leg_Angle_89r1Degrees.jpg

73,
Dave   AB7E