[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [TowerTalk] guy wire question

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] guy wire question
From: "John K5XA" <>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:03:30 -0600
List-post: <">>
I used the 8' yellow guy guards that the utility companies put at the bottom
of their wire guy wires. I was able to purchase them from a local telco for
less than $6 each. They are already slit, and have an interior apparatus
that secures them to the guy wire. They're pretty simple to install.

I installed two on each bottom set of guys near the very bottom of the wire,
leaving some space in between to accommodate a tension gauge.

They are very noticeable, and I no longer worry about running into my guy
wires when I'm out mowing.


> -----Original Message-----
> From: [mailto:towertalk-
>] On Behalf Of
> Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2008 7:49 AM
> To:
> Subject: [TowerTalk] guy wire question
> I am looking for the safety  covers you see  on utility pole guy wires. Or
> something similar. I need to be able to see the  wire near the ground this
> summer as I mow. I don't know the exact word or name  they are called nor
> a source.
> I have some older flexible cable covers [apx  3/4''] with a slit to slip
> over
> wires to protect them. I assume this could work  too. I  need to know the
> name so I know what to ask or search  for.
> K9IL
> **************Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.
> (
> grammy?NCID=aolcmp003000000025
> 48)
> _______________________________________________
> _______________________________________________
> TowerTalk mailing list


TowerTalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>