Re: [TowerTalk] cleaning aluminum beam elements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] cleaning aluminum beam elements
From: N7KA@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 18:02:12 +0000
SCOTCH BRITE or similar nylon scouring pads and water.  Pads usually found at
home improvement stores.  Why mess with WD40, kerosene, etc that create a mess
and then must be cleaned off. Use wet scouring pads.  I keep a bucket of water
to soak he pads.  Rinse with water and wipe dry with paper towels or cloth.

A nice clean dull non-reflective surfce.  The antenna just became a bit more
invisaible by not reflecting light.

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT  on all my antennas.

Another aid in the process; keep a beer handy, though do not wase it on the
aluminum.  And for the UK folks a substitute pint of bitters.  Ah, yes, fond
memories of plowman's lunches while traveling in UK.

DO NOT do this process on the concrete patio or drive way.

Arne N7KA

From: "Artmouton" <k5fnq@cox.net>