Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum tower welds...Old Data circa mid1970's.........

To: "David Jordan" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum tower welds...Old Data circa mid1970's..........
From: "res1q6fs" <roger.white@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:33:43 -0600
Now that I have a new crank up tower less than 3 months old, what do you all
recommend I inspect regularly, besides the cable/pulley integrity, winch
operation and overall structure? What should I look for besides the obvious
signs of unusual wear? I also look at the antenna mounting, rotator bolts,
inv. Vee etc. every time I plan to have it cranked down and folded over.

Is there some sort of lubricant that I need to apply to the winch and
especially the cables to assure long term reliability?

Roger W5RD