Re: [TowerTalk] ANTENNA HEIGHT

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ANTENNA HEIGHT
From: "Jim Chaggaris" <jimc@pwrone.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 20:27:29 -0600

Having an antenna below the tree tops will have no affect whatsoever on the
frequencies you intend to operate.  Higher is always better (in most
circumstances). It only really becomes a factor when you're operating VHF.

I would be more concerned about surrounding terrain than being above or
below the trees.

73,

Jim N9WW

James Chaggaris