[TowerTalk] CCR's -- Am I being too paranoid?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] CCR's -- Am I being too paranoid?
From: Robert Crews <k1va_k1va@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 10:07:53 -0400
Last week I made an offer on an 11-acre property outside of Kingman, AZ.
It was accepted and yesterday the title company sent me a copy of the
property's CCR's to sign off.
There is no mention ANYWHERE within the CCR's about towers, antennae, height
limitations, or any communications equipment.
However, one item caught my attention:

"(9) No noxious or offensive trade or activity shall be conducted
upon any portion of said land, nor shall anything be done thereon
which may be or become an annoyance to the neighborhood;
and no refuse piles, junk piles, wrecked car bodes, weeds or
other unsightly objects shall be permitted to be placed or to
remain upon said land unless completely hidden from view from
any neighboring property or access road, and in the event that
any of such owners shall not comply with the above provisions,
then declarants, or their successors and assigns, shall have the
right to enter upon said land and remove the offending
objects at the expense of such owner, who shall repay the
same upon demand, and such entry shall not be deemed
as trespass."

The key word here is unsightly objects. Are towers/antennas
considered to be unsightly objects?

Some further facts about the area. The county building inspector
gave me a copy of communications towers rules -- Amateur
Radio and CB are totally exempt -- no building permit needed. Only
setback rules need to be followed. One neighboring property has a
40-foot windmill tower. Another has a mobile home that has been
gutted. There is NO homeowners association. The area is very
rural with 5- to 10-acre parcels the norm.

Am I being too paranoid or is this a red flag?

Bob / K1VA