Re: [TowerTalk] CCR's -- Am I being too paranoid?

To: <joe@wd0m.com>, "'Robert Crews'" <k1va_k1va@hotmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CCR's -- Am I being too paranoid?
From: "Michael Hatzakis Jr MD" <lists@hatzakis.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 08:21:39 -0700
My advise, be maximally paranoid, but quietly.

Find a local real estate attorney to draw up an agreement or have him review
this agreement.  Towers bring out the worst in some people.  When you start
building, someone will object.

Second advise, make good with your neighbors.  Let them get to know you
first and share some of your emergency operations ideas and community
vision, then put up the tower after you've gotten to know all your immediate
neighbors well.  Take care of your neighbors (not that you need a reason to
do this, but it is especially true now).  Also, wait at least a year before
putting up towers.  It is easy to fight an anonymous adversary, a lot harder
to fight ones friend especially one who is known to take care of ones
neighbors.

My advice, for what it's worth.

I put up a tower and had a CC&R without restriction and still had one
neighbor try to fight me.  As I got to know him better, he stopped
complaining.  He realized he wasn't going to win and he had more to gain by
being a friendly neighbor.

Michael