Re: [TowerTalk] Anchor bolts

To: towertalk@contesting.com, geitaemort@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Anchor bolts
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:09:27 EDT

In a message dated 4/10/2008 8:38:30 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  Ok lets try again. I have a us tower that I purchased used  in excellent
condition.I orderd anchor bolts from us tower,when they arrived  they were not
galvinized nor were they bent at ninety degrees at the  bottom.Being my first
tower this seems a little odd to me. Can any one  elaborate on this subject?

    Sure. You don't need galvanized (that's for  another application) and
they don't need to be bent at the bottom. A welded  nut at the bottom
accomplishes the same thing. A Professional Engineer  calculated what's
required for your
application and that's what meets the  codes and calcs.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for hams
US Tower factory authorized installer
Installer of more SteppIRs than anyone else in the world
Cell: 206-890-4188

Finance.      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)