[TowerTalk] Highway light poles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Highway light poles
From: "Russell Hill" <rustyhill@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 03:30:36 -0000
Hello All:

I am curious about the substantial and tall light poles seen along
interstates and various interchanges.  They look to have internal cables,
both mechanical and electrical, and could be in the ballpark of 100 feet
high.  They have external pulleys on top so the light array can be lowered
for maintenance.

They would not be very useful for Yagis, Quads, and the like, but with the
internal hoisting cables might be useful for slopers, rhombics, high
dipoles, etc.

I would guess they are quite expensive, but that is an assumption.  Does
anyone know anything about these?

And similarly, what about the BIG flagpoles seen at car dealerships and so
forth?

Thanks,
Rusty, na5tr