[TowerTalk] ANTENNA COMPARISON

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ANTENNA COMPARISON
From: "k2vi" <k2vi@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 17:36:03 -0400
I have a W9INN MPD-105 80.40 meter dipole,It has been up for 5 years and
preformed quite well although the bandwidth was a bit narrow but with my
AMERITRON ATR-30 i have no problem tuning down to 1:1...This antenna is a total
of 105 feet with loading coils, I now bought a new buxcomm OCF WINDOM which is
fed directly with a 4:1 balun with no tuning stubs just direct with coax. The
antenna is 90 feet on one leg and 45 feet for the shielded side. Can someone
tell me if it would be an improvement or am i just wasting time switching
antenna's, Any advice will be apreciated,thanks guys.

tony k2vi