Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft R5 sealing of the traps, What sealant

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft R5 sealing of the traps, What sealant
From: RICHARD SOLOMON <w1ksz@q.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 23:49:44 +0000
And that $35 Heat Gun looks just like the $9 one I got at Harbor Freight !!

73, Dick, W1KSZ

> Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 19:31:59 -0400> From: towertalk@hidden-valley.com> To:
> towertalk@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft R5 sealing of
> the traps, What sealant> > Just a friendly warning, but I would *AVOID* that
> vendor like the> plague. They charge a $15 minimum S/H which is totally
> ridiculous,> especially since anything they sell can be obtained elsewhere
> and> sometimes with *free* shipping.> > I found good heatshrink deals when
> refurbishing my R7, it just took a> little more looking to be sure I was
> getting the best deal.> > I personally am not made of money, but those of you
> with plenty may> feel free to ignore this message and continue to pay too
> much.> > Jeff/KD4RBG> > ---- Original message ----> >Date: Mon, 19 May 2008
> 07:17:13 -0400> >From: Bill Winkis <kc4pe@mindspring.com>> >Subject: Re:
> [TowerTalk] Cushcraft R5 sealing of the traps, What sealant> >To: "Roger
> (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>,Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>> >>
> >The world o
 f shrink tubing has come a long way...look at the> >below address....just
skimming the ad I see tubing at 3" offered> >.... I use their HD adhesive type
on all my connectors and it is> >something else....I took a piece 2 foot long
applied it to RG213,> >weighted it on a set of lab scales......then shoved it
into a flower> >vase filled with water.....pulled it after 30 days, dried it.
an put> >it on the scales......Zero weight gain.....so..Judge for your