Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft R5 sealing of the traps, What sealant

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft R5 sealing of the traps, What sealant
From: "Jeff Carter" <towertalk@hidden-valley.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 17:43:42 -0400
Oh, you can read.  Don't be so hard on yourself.

Your question *was* answered, though.  You can buy the same sort of
shrink tubing originally used by Cushcraft from a number of different
vendors.  The last part of the thread has been cautionary with regard
to paying too much for the transaction.  I included a URL from which I
bought the shrink tubing for my last R7 refurb.  I sealed the ends
with silicone in addition to using shrinkable endcaps and tubing, it
was probably overkill, though.

Good luck!

Jeff/KD4RBG