Re: [TowerTalk] "The Art of Antenna Tramming"

To: K7LXC@aol.com,towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] "The Art of Antenna Tramming"
From: Bill Winkis <kc4pe@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 08:05:21 -0400
Great Steve .. beautiful illustration .... Be sure and let all know when your book will be ready for sales....I'm sure it will be a "Must" for all folks with a tower. Steve what is your feeling of the "Dual Tram" .... seems it requires more set up etc....but their must be reasons of a dual vs the single tram as you describe..??

Thanks For All

-Bill
kc4pe@bellsouth.net

Now can anybody expand At 07:48 AM 5/25/2008, K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 5/24/2008 7:19:04 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, towertalk-request@contesting.com writes:
>   Every since day one I have been "Gin Pole'ing " antennas up the
towers.  Going through the twist & flip at every guide section,
etc..... Its easy but a lot of work ...but I notice a few months back
a good discussing about "Advanced Tramming", and needless to say some
of the terminology and procedure was unfamiliar to me.

>  All of my towers are ground clear for 200 feet or better, and all
towers are between 100 and 145 feet.... so with that much room I
guess I better look into Tramming....????

>  My question is is there a site or whatever, that  gives details
on  - Instructions  - Equipment needed - Tower Preparations - Ground
Prep - Number of Personal - Hints - Be careful of ...etc on the "Art
Of Traming"....

Yes, tramming is one of the best ways to get antennas up and down. I have sent you a draft copy of the tramming chapter from my way-behind-schedule tower book which has some illustrations. Anyone else interested, let me know and I'll forward it to you.

I'm hoping to have the book finished by the end of the year. It has over 30 chapters and contains tons of useful information.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH