[TowerTalk] ANTENNA ANALYZER?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] ANTENNA ANALYZER?
From: Robert Bogash <rbogash@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 11:35:49 -0700
Only consider the ZM-30 if you don't mind sending it back to Ohio after
every second use.  It has a bad problem with static electricity
charges.  Despite scrupulous efforts to ensure I had no static charges
on anything it touched, it would still blow the diodes on its board.  It
did that once while just checking a four ft length of coax.  Paul
finally sent me a new unit altogether, but I sold it on eBay.  I spent
about 50% of the purchase price on shipping charges before it left for
good.

I bought an MFJ and have been very happy with it.  Prior to selling the
new ZM, I compared them side by side.  The numbers were a dead heat.
What I really like about the MFJ are the analog meters - they really
help you see what's happening to the resistance and SWR on your line as
you vary the frequency.

The only thing I miss from the ZM is the signal generator feature.  (It
was also easier to set on an exact freq - the MFJ is a bit twitchy.)

Bob Bogash
W7DDD