Re: [TowerTalk] FIRST TOWER UP AND LOOKING GORGEOUS

To: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FIRST TOWER UP AND LOOKING GORGEOUS
From: "N7mal" <n7mal@citlink.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 00:06:17 -0000
Congrats Bob: In my 50 years at this hobby I've had a lot of towers at
various locations. I have a personal hard fast rule about guys. They must do
something other than guy. I make some type of wire antenna with the guys. In
your particular case I would make at a bare minimum a 40 meter inverted vee.
Since you have at least 50 feet of available room you might consider the
reyco traps and make a 40/75 meter inverted vee. It would work many db's
better than a G5RV.
Just my 2 cents worth
Congrats again and 73

MAL