[TowerTalk] Problem with a Fulton 2550

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Problem with a Fulton 2550
From: "Kirk.Harding" <Kirk.harding@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:42:31 -0500
I have a US Tower TX-472MDPL with the TRX-80HD Raising (and lowering)
fixture.  Last week I lowered (laid the tower over) and noticed that I have
to put a great deal of effort into cranking the Fulton 2550 winch.  As a
matter of fact there was considerable squeaking coming out of the brake.
This problem is only when laying the tower over.  When raising, the winch
works great.  My question is, is there a facility where I can purchase parts
for the Fulton winch?  I've searched Google and find places where I purchase
a new winch but (obviously), I'd rather not have to replace the whole2550.
If I it ends up that I do have to replace the 2550 do you have any
replacement suggestions?

Many thanks,

Kirk, K6KAR

Niceville, FL