Re: [TowerTalk] New Tower in North Texas

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New Tower in North Texas
From: Paul Kelley N1BUG <paul.kelley.n1bug@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:10:35 -0400
>> At 09:23 AM 6/23/2008, K7LXC@aol.com wrote:
>> A Klein cable grip is very handy since how else are you going  to
>> attach the comealong to the guywire?
 >
> Pete Smith replied:
> An alternative is a single cable clamp on the guywire, sufficient to
> hold the rope against slipping - Klein grips are awfully expensive
> for a single small project.

I second that. I have used that method on three Rohn 25 towers guyed
with 3/16 EHS - one 80 footer and two 100 footers. No come-along was
necessary. I found I could easily pull it tight enough by hand to have
plenty of adjustment range on the turnbuckles. Not wanting to risk any
slight distortion of the EHS, I didn't even have the cable clamp
particularly tight.

73,
Paul N1BUG