Re: [TowerTalk] 80Meter Coverage

To: towertalk@contesting.com, ac9s@mchsi.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80Meter Coverage
From: Gene Smar <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 15:21:48 -0500 (CDT)
Keith:

     FWIW:  I constructed a portable crossed inverted-V antenna for RACES and
MARS work and for Scout demos, etc.  The dipole wires on mine are cut for
different bands and connected to one piece of coax but, as applies to your
intention of using the combination on the same band, interaction between wires
sets is minimal.

     But to be certain can you model the antennas?  Even using the free demo
version of EZNEC http://www.eznec.com/ you should be able to see interaction,
if any.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F