Re: [TowerTalk] Tower regulatory climate in Fort Collins - Loveland, CO

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower regulatory climate in Fort Collins - Loveland, CO area
From: John Becker <johnb3030@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 12:00:40 -0500
Kelly Johnson wrote:
> This thread started out as a request for information about the
> regulatory environment of one particular area of the country and has
> quickly turned into a debate about the use of realtors, hiring
> lawyers, and researching CC&Rs.
>
> I think the original requester just wants to know if there are "ham
> friendly" cities/twps/counties in the area and if so, where.  For
> example, in my area of the country I can tell you exactly what cities
> are "ham friendly" and which ones are not.

Thanks to all who have replied to this thread. I have the ARRL book on
Antenna Zoning. I am generally familiar with the legal issues that need
to be investigated.

What I am really looking for is specific information from those familiar
with the local area as to which towns and counties are tower friendly
and which are not.

I know that Boulder is a very unfriendly area for towers. I'm hoping
Fort Collins and/or Loveland or other nearby locations are better.

73,

John, K9MM