Re: [TowerTalk] HomeBrew TiltPlate

To: GlagowskiT@acm.org
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HomeBrew TiltPlate
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 20:14:03 -0700
I have posted photos of my homebrew tiltplate at:

http://www.n6rk.com/monstilt/monstilt.html

I basically copied NN4ZZ.  He wasn't selling them at the time.
At this time, I'd recommend buying his plate.
The piano hinge concept didn't seem to make sense for a MonstIR.
If you come up with a design that works, please let us know about it.

I did build a light duty tilt plate using door hinges (piano style).
We used it on Field Day to put up a 204BA 4 element 20 meter beam.  It
worked fine, but was a fair weather solution.  If there is sufficient
interest in the Field Day design, I'll try to put that up on the
web site.  A mechanical drawing of it is available.

I added a latch of my own design to the MonstIR tilt plate to keep the
beam level when the wind blows.  I operate the latch from the
ground with a 20 ft pole.  Photos are up on my web site.

Rick N6RK