Re: [TowerTalk] Splicing LDF4

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Splicing LDF4
From: "larryjspammenot@teleport.com" <larryj@teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:14:33 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
I wondered if it was the money or just why else the Andrew, etc. connectors
weren't used for making a splice. I have yet to go to a ham swap meet in the
last 10 years or so (including Dayton) where I don't see lots of used 1/2" and
7/8" Heliax connectors (used) going for $2-5 each, new ones for $5-20 each. It
seems like if you're going to go to all the trouble of using good feedline that
good connectors would be used with it. Just my opinion, of course.