[TowerTalk] spiderbeam plastic telescope to support Inv V

To: "reflector -tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] spiderbeam plastic telescope to support Inv V
From: "Alex Malyava" <alex.k2bb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 18:36:54 -0400
Hi guys,
one more thing...
Since rooftop mast for Inv V is out of question, what do you think about
spiderbeam plastic telescopes as support for Inverted V?
I was told to use electric conduit to build 40' mast and attach it to the
house, but let's put it aside for a moment.
Is lightweight plastic telescope gonna be any better?
They make them 40 and 60 feet high. I dont think the 40-footer gonna be any
good... I think it just gonna bend under weight of 40(or 80)m dipole and
balun.
What if i use lower 40-50' portion of their 60-footer? Is it gonna say
straight?

Another question is regarding balun itself.
I have one, a few kilowatt rated, Y1-5K made by RadioWorks - it is pretty
big and weights almost a pound :)
What are the alternatives to use up there? I am pretty sure there is
something lighter and smaller to use at the end of oversized fishing rod :)

Alex K2BB