Re: [TowerTalk] (no subject) Vertical Antenna Instead ofTower Decision..

To: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>, donovanf@starpower.net, Don Hall <donhall161@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] (no subject) Vertical Antenna Instead ofTower Decision....
From: Dennis <radioart@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 7:23:11 -0700
A new technique for feeding towers has been adopted for Amateur use from the
broadcast industry.  You drop 3 heavy gauge wires connected at the top of the
tower to within a few feet of the bottom.  Connect the three wires together
with a wire ring around the base of the tower and feed that ring, connected to
the three wires, with a simple L-Network with respect to your radial system.

Very effecient system.  Several local DXers us it on 160m and 80m with great
results.  One tower is 140' and the other I know is about 90' with a lot of top

You can Google this type of tower feed and get more information....

Dennis, k0eoo