[TowerTalk] vertical heights and radial lengths

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] vertical heights and radial lengths
From: "Rudy Severns" <n6lf@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 15:39:27 -0700
A couple of weeks back there was a question on the reflector regarding the
use of shorter radials with shorter verticals.  This is an idea which has
been "conventional knowledge" for a long time but I have never seen any
quantitative confirmation of it.  So I did a quick modeling study which
indicates that this rule of thumb does have some basis in fact.  I just
posted a write-up of this study on my web site:  antennasbyn6lf.com for
those who might be interested.

73, Rudy N6LF