[TowerTalk] placement of guy bracket on Rohn 25

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] placement of guy bracket on Rohn 25
From: STEPHEN L SALA <k7awb@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 20:12:35 -0700
I am constructing a 105 foot Rohn 25 tower, guyed at 35, 70, and 105 with a
flat top.  The first section is a ten foot section half way in the ground so at
35 feet is the top of the 4th section.  That is where I want the guy bracket.
if I placed it anywhere else on the section, it would be surrounded by diagonal
bracing as well as the horizontal bracing it lays on.  is there a problem with
putting it at the top of the section where there is no diagonal bracing?  it
does lay on the top horizontal bracing.  The 70 foot level will be in the
middle of section.

73
Stephen L. Sala (Steve) K7AWB Nine Mile Falls, WA DN17es