Re: [TowerTalk] Install Videos for towers

To: k1ttt@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Install Videos for towers
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 09:36:36 -0700
David Robbins K1TTT wrote:
> Just watch out, some of those videos are great examples of how NOT to
> install towers or antennas.

no worse than the crew in the picture on page 56 of the Nov QST doing
what looks like a "iwo jima" of a fairly good sized tower with a single
rope held by someone over their head and wrapped around the body.. flip
flops, nary a hard hat to be seen (in itself not a problem, with
suitable erection technique),  3 people standing UNDER the tower as it's
being raised, not counting the guy taking the picture in the background
who will also be crushed.

I won't say I've never done something like this myself (duh, of course I
have, and worse), but it's not exactly a shining example of safety.

Jim, W6RMK