[TowerTalk] ICE

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] ICE
From: "Rob Atkinson" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 12:19:10 -0600
I have ordered one or two ICE things and did not have to wait a long
time to get them but I ordered my items through Array Solutions so
that have made a difference.  I also recall having a very pleasant and
informative conversation on the phone with one of the guys there about
the line surge filter I purchased.   It was a surge protector for a
240 v. line which you can't just go over to Best Buy and find.   Hams
are not the only users of their products--they have other customers
such as the U.S. Government.   My impression was that they are a very
small business and busy making and filling orders.   There are a
number of such businesses in the ham market; one or two people in a
shop making things by hand--for example that's how Command
Technologies was when it was almost all Pat Stein at his shop in Ohio.
 Dealing with these types of businesses is totally different from a
big vendor--they don't make anything until they have an order or
orders; then you have to wait.

73

rob / k5uj