Re: [TowerTalk] sorry for multiple mails, but had another idea

To: <w9rma@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] sorry for multiple mails, but had another idea
From: Donald Hofmann <electroubleshooter@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 14:16:26 -0600
Thanks for the response.

Referring to my current leaning tower I have decided that I am better off
starting from scratch v.s. trying to level the old one for several reasons.
One, if I move it I can guy it at the correct distance from the tower and two,
I can fix the out of plumb tower.

So my next questions:

If I put in a new tower I want the base to be adjustable for out of plumb
problems.
Any thoughts on how to do this?
I am considering the 25GSSB self supporting base plate. I propose to sink three
5/8" galvanized bolts into a concrete foundation. I would then put a nut on
each bolt then the base plate and then double nuts. The idea being that if the
ground shifts, I could loosen the guys a little, then adjust the nuts until
plumb and then retighten the nuts. Any comments or better ideas?
Also what size concrete base for this installation? I can't find out what Rohn
recommends for this base plate.

Thanks> From: w9rma@charter.net> To: electroubleshooter@hotmail.com> Subject:
RE: [TowerTalk] sorry for multiple mails, but had another idea> Date: Sat, 13
Dec 2008 11:43:57 -0600> > Don:> First of all if you have a fifty foot tower
you only have to be 80% for your> guy points that is if they go to the ground.
If you move the guy points up> 4' that means can can come closer to the tower
by a few points. Second I> used commercial garage coil spring rollers that had
been taken out of> service and get thrown away.> I put them 4' in the ground
cemented in with about a yard of concrete and> also fill the tube with cement.
I well on tabs for the turnbuckles to> attach too.> > The towers which some are
over 75' ft. have gone through tornados with winds> from> 90 - 110 mph and only
the mast has bent. Poor choice of mast (water pipe)> Use a good mast such as
moleychromium. Expensive but worth it in the long> run.> Ron W9RMA> >
-----Original Message-----> From: towertalk-bounces@contes
 ting.com> [mailto:towertalk-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Donald
Hofmann> Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 18:40> To: 'jim Jarvis'> Cc:
towertalk@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] sorry for multiple mails,
but had another idea> > I was thinking that the top plate would act as a
stabilizer to keep the> tower from twisting, similar to a "star" assembly.> > >
-----Original Message-----> From: jim Jarvis [mailto:jimjarvis@optonline.net] >
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 6:13 PM> To: Donald Hofmann> Subject: sorry for
multiple mails, but had another idea> > > You know, for guy attachment, you can
just form a loop and drop it over> a > tower leg, as you erect things? You may
WANT the flat top, as a place> to> stand--but you don't need it for guy
attachment.> > sorry for the fragmented responses, but I've been juggling
waaaay too> many> balls here, this week. > > n2ea> > > Jim Jarvis, MBA>
President - Executive Coach> The Morse Group, LLC> 732 548 5573 office 908 410 9
 130 cell> www.themorsegroup.net> > People-Process-Strategy: Achieving Results
in a Changing World> > > No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by
AVG - http://www.avg.com > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.16/1843 -
Release Date: 12/12/2008> 9:02 AM> >