Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259 Going Open?

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259 Going Open?
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 02:00:12 -0500
Oh...shoot ... that sucks.     Guess I am glad I sprung for the
legitimate Times Microwave LMR-400 DB for my big vertical
project.   ( I did not mind the expense until I accidentally severed
the line midway AFTER I had buried it... and had to dig it up and
replace it immediately ... ouch... )

Guess it is just another example of where it pays to use good
tools and good equipment.   We know that big bag of snakes
is often disguised as an ever loving blue eyed bargain.  The key
is knowing when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em,  i.e. when
to spend the big money vs saving with the economy stuff.

I know you pardon my naiveté and inexperience, but would
NEVER have anticipated water coming in through my coax!

To be forewarned is to be forearmed.