Re: [TowerTalk] Quarter Wave Sloper (half sloper)

To: towertalk@contesting.com, Bob Kellow <RSKellow@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Quarter Wave Sloper (half sloper)
From: Edward Sylvester <navydude1962@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 14:02:47 -0800 (PST)
Dear Bob:

I, too consulted ON4UN's book, as there are few other sources that explain this
well.  A couple of questions:

1)  How tall is your tower and is it a crank up?

2)  How did you go about coupling the elements to the boom?

3)  Did you add radials?  If so, how many?

4)  Have you compared your sloper with a dipole at similar heights?  I have an
Inv Vee now and it performs ok, though I would like a better DX antenna for the
low bands...

Thanks again.

73,
Ed NI6S