Re: [TowerTalk] Cable management on crankup towers

To: "'Jim Garland'" <4cx250b@muohio.edu>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cable management on crankup towers
From: "Dick Dievendorff" <dieven@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 08:54:27 -0800
I have coax arms that just guide the coax, the coax isn't fastened except at
the top coax arm (with Kellum grips).  When the tower comes down, the coax
gathers on the ground.  I'm always out there to coil it.  I didn't get a
remote power switch because I WANTED to be out there when the tower went up
or down.

I saw a neat installation at N6EK's place.  He had arranged the various coax
cables with a slight twist, and when the tower was lowered, the coax coiled
itself over a low barrel that he had arranged.  Very neat.  I've never seen
it before or since.

N6TV used a large swimming pool leaf net to collect the coax as it descends
when the tower comes down.

Dick, K6KR