Re: [TowerTalk] What info did you receive with your new tower?

To: towertalk@contesting.com, lgmagone@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] What info did you receive with your new tower?
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 15:07:37 EST

In a message dated 1/4/2009 7:41:28 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  For those of you who have purchased new towers, did you  receive any
instructions on how to create the foundation, where to place  the guy wires,
or any other information with your tower?

    What you get are specifications; e.g. base size,  concrete requirements,
etc. Instructions? No. I've never seen any.

>  I have seen the Rohn catalog and it includes drawings for  the foundations
as
well as guy wire placement. I have also seen some  limited information from
US Tower.

That's the extent of what's available. Which is  sort of the idea of
TowerTalk - to help people that have questions on tower  and HF antenna
construction
projects.

>  Did the dealer  provide you with anything?

    The dealer doesn't have the info either. In any  case, the manufacturer's
info is the key to success so follow the LXC Prime  Directive to "DO what the
manufacturer says" and you'll stay out of trouble.  And use TowerTalk as your
resource.

>  If not, how did you decide how to
build your foundation and  where to set your guy wires?

         You already said that  US Towers and Rohn (and the other
manufacturers too) will give you basic specs.

        All of the things you need  to do are not very complicated. If you're
semi-clever, you can do everything  yourself. If not, you can hire out what
you can't do or don't want to do.  Concrete contractors are in the phone book.
Tower erection is a little tougher.

Cheers & GL,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH