Re: [TowerTalk] What info did you receive with your new tower?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, <lgmagone@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] What info did you receive with your new tower?
From: Howard K2HK <k2hk@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 13:49:06 +0000
I have an AN wireless tower. I received detailed instructions. They are
available on the website. Dan easily consulted for additional help.

Howard..K2HK
HK> From: K7LXC@aol.com> Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 15:07:37 -0500> To:
towertalk@contesting.com; lgmagone@yahoo.com> Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] What
info did you receive with your new tower?> > > In a message dated 1/4/2009
7:41:28 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, > towertalk-request@contesting.com writes:>
> > For those of you who have purchased new towers, did you receive any>
instructions on how to create the foundation, where to place the guy wires,> or
any other information with your tower?> > > What you get are specifications;
e.g. base size, concrete requirements, > etc. Instructions? No. I've never seen
any. > > > I have seen the Rohn catalog and it includes drawings for the
foundations > as> well as guy wire placement. I have also seen some limited
information from> US Tower. > > > That's the extent of what's available. Which
is sort of the idea of > TowerTalk - to help people that have questions on
tower and HF antenna construction > projects. > > > Did the dealer provide you
  with anything? > > The dealer doesn't have the info either. In any case, the
manufacturer's > info is the key to success so follow the LXC Prime Directive
to "DO what the > manufacturer says" and you'll stay out of trouble. And use
TowerTalk as your > resource. > > > If not, how did you decide how to> build
your foundation and where to set your guy wires?> > > > You already said that
US Towers and Rohn (and the other > manufacturers too) will give you basic
specs. > > All of the things you need to do are not very complicated. If you're
> semi-clever, you can do everything yourself. If not, you can hire out what >
you can't do or don't want to do. Concrete contractors are in the phone book. >
Tower erection is a little tougher. > > Cheers & GL,> Steve K7LXC> TOWER TECH >
**************From Wall Street to Main Street and everywhere in between, stay >
up-to-date with the latest news. (http://aol.com?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000023)>