Re: [TowerTalk] roof mount Tripod

To: w5cpt@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] roof mount Tripod
From: Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 <faunt@panix.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 12:23:30 -0400 (EDT)
YMMV, I can hear it in that part of the house when I run the rotator, but
don't hear anything when the wind is blowing things around.

17.5' Glen Martin on the roof, internal bracing tied to a load-bearing
wall, with a Ham II rotator on top.

73, doug

   Message: 7
   Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 10:56:28 -0500
   From: "W5CPT" <w5cpt@bellsouth.net>

   When I lived in Dallas TX, I had a Ham II mounted in the attic with
   the mast extending up through the roof where my 5L 6M & 10L 2M beam
   were mounted.  When I turned it EVERYONE in the house knew.  Also I
   had 40' of Rohn 25G mounted with a House Bracket with a 16' boom
   Sommers antenna on it and it could be heard even when not turning.
   Every gust of wind caused it to moan and groan and whistle, and
   like the 6&2 combo, everyone knew when it was turning.

   When I moved back home to Kentucky, I made sure all my antennas
   were NOT affixed to my house, other than by cable..

   YMMV

   Clint - W5CPT