[TowerTalk] antennas in water

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] antennas in water
From: "CRAIG CLARK" <jcclark@wildblue.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:35:20 -0400
My 160 vertical is located in a fresh water swamp. The key to it's success
has been the thousands of feet of radial wire I have laid down.....not on
the water. I located it there as it was away from the house and out of sight
from the wife and the road, not for any perceived benefit from location.

Fresh water is not a good conductor. With all due respect to other posters,
most of the comments have been anecdotal in nature and do not reflect any
scientific measurements of performance.

I have done any number of searches from Terman to Laport and Google and can
find nothing that touts locating an antenna in fresh water to enhance
performance.

73 Craig

Craig Clark K1QX
Radioware