Re: [TowerTalk] EZNEC- needs improvement

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] EZNEC- needs improvement
From: "Paul Playford" <paul@w8aef.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 14:23:11 -0700
Just for yucks, bring up W6ELprop and:

insert 23 degrees as your Minimum Radiation Angle (Options - Prediction
Parameters).
Then run a prediction to a country maybe 10000 Km away.
Look at the predicted signal levels and scroll to the time that the best
signal level will occur on your chosen band.
Click on Advanced and scroll to the same time and note the Hop
Configuration.

Now insert 1.5 degrees as your Minimum Radiation Angle
run the prediction again
scroll to the same time
observe the Hop Configuration

And take a guess at how much signal you lose for each additional hop the 23
degree path takes as compared to the 6 degree path.  That will give you an
idea of the differences you are observing and cannot be inserted into EZNEC.

de Paul, W8AEF

ZF2JI/ZF2TA  FO8DX/FO8PLA  8Q7AA  XZ0A  VU7RG  TX5C